Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Mormon Worker


So the other day our friends complained that we never touch our blog. Instead of arguing with them, I've decided to touch our blog.

Lately I've had more time to get to some of the reading that I've had my eye on for some time now. I've decide I'll use our blog to comment on my readings, mostly for my own benefit, but also for any unlucky reader that happens by.

Ever since I read Nibley's Approaching Zion I've been extremely interested in the economics/business practices/lifestyles of past and contemporary Mormons. There is much that is taught in Mormon culture that doesn't seem to jive w/Christ's teachings. The majority of my readings are an effort to recognize where we're going wrong in Mormondom, and in society in general.

I've stumbled upon some real gems. For now I'll just mention the publication The Mormon Worker. It touches on some economic and social issues, and tends to focus on the principle of Anarchy, a principle that seems to have received a bad connotation these days. Of all the writings one can spend time on, this one deserves some.

2 comments:

RYAN said...

it's about time!

Mikal Jordon said...

"There is much that is taught in Mormon culture that doesn't seem to jive w/Christ's teachings."

Bulleted list? I'm interested, and in agreement.

Nice pic, bytheway.