Thursday, June 12, 2008

for MJ


I just thought I'd put my personal thoughts on the tragic article by ESPN's John Hollinger placing Dwayne Wade's Finals performance against the Mavs over any of Jordan's Finals performances. No offense against Wade (or the name). Wade took 97 free throws in 6 games. Jordan had five Finals series that only went 6 games. And the Flu Game? Anyway, I'm sure my friends know that nobody really need argue this.


PLAYERS AND COACHES THOUGHTS:

"He gets all the calls, that's what makes him special.'' - Gerald Wallace

"It's unbelievable what he gets away with.'' - Bob Hill

"I can't believe he has the audacity to complain to the refs, he should be grateful for what they've done for him in his career. He is what he is today because of them." - P.J. Brown

"He travels on that spin move. He picks up that pivot foot... everybody knows it. Dwayne Wade can cover so much ground when he makes that move. As you know, he can go 20 feet with that spin move and get to the basket." - Phil Jackson

"You can't do nothing to D-Wade," Wallace said. "If you say boogety-boogety-boo to him, that's a foul." - Rasheed Wallace

"You are an amazing player Dwayne. I love watching you shoot free throws." - Mark Cuban

Interviewer: "Was it a little ridiculous how Dwyane Wade
got all the calls?"

Tracy McGrady: "Yeah, yeah it really was. I'll tell you man, ...

No comments: